[Buddha-l] Re: angel or sphinx?

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri May 27 09:47:02 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 14:36 +1000, Kate wrote:

> While the info on the sphinx and sodomy is correct, my other comments re
> Sodomites were a light-hearted response to the light-hearted question of
> what Sodomites could possibly see in angels, especially if they matched the
> description about winged beasts etc.

It's pretty much impossible to say anything light-hearted around here
without a bunch of people taking it seriously. But that is balanced by
the fact that it is almost impossible to say anything serious without a
bunch of people treating it as a joke. If you stay with buddha-l long
enough, then with any luck you will lose the ability to know when you
are being light-hearted and when you are being serious.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy