[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Sat Oct 1 08:23:39 MDT 2005

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

 > Then George W. Bush was elected. Now I'm pretty sure
> things could be even worse than this. In fact, I'm confident that things
> will get much worse. The door to things getting much worse is the only
> one that this gang of fanatical madmen have left open.

We will have to wait, he hasn't finished yet. William Bennet, an adviser
of his 2000 election campaign, apparently said:

"But I do know that it's true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you
could -- if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black
baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down. That would be
an impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible thing to do, but
your crime rate would go down."
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about60463.html

The idea is there already and has been put forward, albeit with all the
necessary disclaimers, because people aren't ready for it yet. If it
were so impossible, ridiculous, and morally reprehensible how come a
professional campaign adviser (who knows everything about PR and
communication), can have it in the first place and dare speak about it
in public?