[Buddha-l] Getting real about Buddhism and capitalism

Chan Fu chanfu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 19:05:54 MDT 2005

On 9/30/05, jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:

> Hm---somehow I missed the Fable of the Bees, but interestingly enough, one
> year when
> I was doing research on ricksha arts in Bangladesh,one popular painted panel
> subject was
> bees on the panel (left) putting honey into a hive, and a hand on the right
> putting coin into a
> clay pot bank. I bet Stith Thompson had something to say about world
> distribution of this figure.
> Perhaps the issue of credit is only found in tales of the Mullah Nasrullah:)
> Ironically, any economy could thrive just fine without the arms industry,
> but cadres of
> power hungry males thrive better with Ak47s.
> Joanna

Thanks for the jpg, Jo. - perfect pro-family illustration.
Oldest living ancestor = naked mole rats.

"The memories of my family outings are still a source of strength to
me. I remember we'd all pile into the car - I forget what kind it was
- and drive and drive. I'm not sure where we'd go, but I think there
were some trees there. The smell of something was strong in the air as
we played whatever sport we played. I remember a bigger, older guy we
called "Dad." We'd eat some stuff, or not, and then I think we went
home. I guess some things never leave you."
--Jack Handy

Sorry, but I failed to mark a really interesting review
of ABC's "Commander in Chief" for ya. Couldn't decide whether it
was pro- or anti -  Hillary, but I'd surely vote for her.

As for "power hungry males" - they don't stop with pea-shooters.
Nukes are the ultimate in testicles when stealing lunch money
doesn't work.

;)