[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Sun Oct 2 20:29:46 MDT 2005

On Thursday, September 29, 2005, Joy Vriens wrote:

> If  one  forgets  a  second  about the battle of good
> against  bad,  freedom-lovers and freedom-haters, and
> the  suffering  it  causes, it's quite a funny remark
> coming  from  someone  for whom Jesus is the favorite
> political  philosopher,  one  that is alleged to have
> said:

   Recently,  I  was  said in a sidrería (Asturian folk
pub  where  Asturian  cider is the queen) conversation,
"Everything  are  opinions, and mine is just one more".
(This   is   the  kind  of  rethoric  I  used  to  call
"Americanized  stupid  liberal talk" but that I tend to
call  "globalized  gibberish"  nowadays.) Well, I don't
agree with the statement at all, but let's pretend that
we  buy  it for a couple of seconds. Maybe Bush is just
defending     his     own     reading     of    Jesus's
philosophy--globalized  gibberish  legitimizes him, and
it  seems  that half of the US supports his reading, at
least  it  supported  such  a  reading  during the last
election  time.  This  rises the perturbing question of
how  American  (global)  public  opinion  is shaped (by
corporations),  but  maybe  it  would be better to deal
with it at another time.

   Best wishes,

   Beni