[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Wed Oct 5 23:24:07 MDT 2005

Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> Yes, it was a half-serious joke, a sort of mock paranoia.

A couple of years ago, I would have simply laughed about your joke,
reassuring myself that we weren't living in such an absurd world, but
this time I felt the need to ask. Perhaps the times are so serious that
you might consider using emoticons?...

> Speaking of which, did you hear the one about the Buddhist at the hot
> dog stand?

A communist buddhist or a capitalist one? (I forget the standard
sanskrit translation of those school something- vada?)