[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Thu Oct 6 07:20:08 MDT 2005

On Thursday, October 6, 2005, Dan Lusthaus wrote:

>>> Even  the  once  tolerant  Netherlands are changing
>>> quite dramatically and becoming intolerant.

>> I  can  see  US  Government  behind this nationalism
>> boom,   and   I   can  see  corporations  behind  US
>> Government. Maybe

> Beni, you can't tell the ropes from the snakes.

   Maybe  that's because I'm a stupid leftist. There is
also the possibility that you were not able to read the
irony in my words. Who knows?

> The  change  in Holland has nothing to do with the US
> and  everything  to  do  with domestic perceptions of
> domestic  Islam (ditto Britain's recent culture shock
> --

   Leaving  aside  that  I was talking about Europe and
not  only  Holland, are you sure that it has nothing to
do  with  the  US?  And then you talk about the role of
perceptions?  Come on, Dan, you can't be serious. (Even
the most basic Huayan follower could habe said you that
everything is related somehow.)

   Best wishes,

   Beni