[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Thu Oct 6 20:43:36 MDT 2005

On Thursday, October 6, 2005, jkirk wrote:

> There  is  also a sizeable group of Muslim immigrants
> from  South Asia with similar views--e.g., "modernize
> Islam or forget it."

   As   far   as   I  know  traditional  Islam  doesn't
presuppose  terrorists,  so  I  can't  understand  such
rethoric  of  "modernize  it  or forget it." Why should
Muslims  reform  Islam  if they don't want to do it? In
order   to  westernize  it,  to  globalize  it?  I'm  a
traditionalist  who  believe in pacific pluralism, so I
would  never  support  a  "modernize  it  or forget it"
politics.

   Best wishes,

   Beni