[Buddha-l] Re: Pennsylvania and crying Buddhas

Mitchell Ginsberg jinavamsa at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 6 22:43:52 MDT 2005

hello Ron and all,

Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:18:41 EDT
From: RonLeifer at aol.com
Subject: Re: Pennsylvania and crying Buddhas

I know for a fact that some (unnamed) Lamas enjoy
wrestling, westerns, and some sitcoms. They don't get
love stories. (s)
Ron Leifer

======
The link didn't get me to the discussion you were
referring to, I take it. But did those lamas (Tibetan,
should I assume?) not understand the yearnings and
torments portrayed, say, in the film Samsara (not
available from sources in the USA for some reason).
I heard about it from some Australian friends and
could find it in Canada of all places, Richard!
I'm not clear which sort(s) of love stories they did
not understand.
Thank you.
Mitchell

http://www.geocities.com/jinavamsa/mentalhealth.html with links to
my home page, info on The Inner Palace (3rd ed.) and The Far Shore
(3rd ed.), further links to  psychotherapy, to my current teaching,
to the Insight Practice (Vipassana),  Chishtiyya (Sufi), Creative
Solutions for Peace, and Nasrudin discussion groups, and to the
Collective Dharma Insight project.