[Buddha-l] Re: Greetings from Oviedo

Dan Lusthaus dlusthau at mailer.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 6 22:52:16 MDT 2005

>    Dan,  let  me  ask  you  what  you mean by "moderate
> Muslims."

Beni, I'm tempted to be flippant, and say they are about as scarce these
days as fully realized Buddhas, but instead will give two makeshift
definitions:

1. Any Muslim not hellbent on killing everyone who doesn't agree with them.

2. Any Muslim who thinks the world would be a better place without the
hellbent Muslims rather than without the victims of the hellbent.

A truly good Muslim, however, would be one to whom I would justifiably be
able to entrust the safety of my very life. Same applies to Christians,
Buddhists, Quakers, etc.

>What would
> be the result of enlisting and empowering such moderate
> Muslims? I would appreciate you developing this.

The result? Let's try and see what happens.

Dan Lusthaus