[Buddha-l] Re: Pennsylvania and crying Buddhas

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Fri Oct 7 02:19:13 MDT 2005

RonLeifer at aol.com wrote:

> I know for a fact that some (unnamed) Lamas enjoy wrestling, westerns,
> and some sitcoms. They don't get love stories. (s)

I knew one that enjoyed porn though.

One of my lamas told me an anecdote about another lama while almost
choking with laughter. I believe it was about Karma Thinley Rinpoche of
Toronto. During a public teaching, one of the women in the audience
asked him why he was not married (probably a question about celibacy
vows)? The lama answered that it was because he hadn't found anyone who
wanted to marry him. And he added "Would you like to marry me?" The
woman answered "No". "You see?" he then said.