[Buddha-l] RE: Greetings from Oviedo

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 7 07:01:21 MDT 2005

On Oct 6, 2005, at 6:25 PM, Mike Austin wrote:

> In message <1128622708.4783.67.camel at localhost.localdomain>, Richard
> P. Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> writes
>
>> It might not hurt for all of us to strive to remember that
>> buddha-l used to be much more narrow in its scope and that we could,
>> if
>> we so chose, become narrow-minded yet again.
>
> Not 'narrow-minded', but 'focussed'.  I exercise my choice by
> repeatedly hitting the 'next' button if I see certain 'key words' in
> the post, such as 'Bush', 'Dylan' etc.

I do that too! Through the magic of the delete button (or better yet a
filter that goes automatically to the trash).

Looks like we have both been sneaking looks at this thread, though,
even though we both know perfectly well what is in it.

I think most threads here at least start with a bow toward the Buddha,
but once the thread is attached we all feel free to drift with it into
whatever corner the discussion leads. So long as we aren't abusive I
see no harm in it. Particularly if participants make liberal use of
their filters and delete keys.

And no thread here, however long it gets, even approaches the length of
one of the long discourses.