[Buddha-l] Gender and diversions

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 9 07:14:24 MDT 2005

On Oct 8, 2005, at 7:41 PM, Mike Austin wrote:

> There is one point I would make, though. You often post snippets and
> links.  I am not really disposed to being sent off somewhere else to
> read articles in this way. This is a Buddhist discussion group (I can
> be at least half right here) and I prefer to discuss with people in
> their own words, when I find discussion of the topic conducive to
> dukkha-nirodha.

I, on the other hand like to be given links to outside, supportive
materials. Joanna's links are very often to direct, primary sources for
relevant things that are actually going on in the world. And, thanks to
her incredible curiosity, they are nearly all either about ideas I
would not have thought of otherwise, or are from arcane sources that I
would never have found. On my web browser I have a whole folder names
"jkirk" where I have collected a whole library of very interesting
resource.

Chainsaw of Eternal Bliss (married to and dedicated to the Catbox of
Emergent Humility)