[Buddha-l] Gender and diversions

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Sun Oct 9 10:02:50 MDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 09:21 -0600, Joanna Kirkpatrick wrote:

> The reasons I sometimes post snippets with a link is because we are supposed
> to keep our posts reasonably short

An excellent way to achieve this (for everyone, not just Joanna) is 1)
to delete all of the post to which you are replying, except for a bare
minimum to establish context, and 2) to make sure your mailer sends out
messages as pure text and not at HTML coding.

> (Although no word lengths have been bruited.)

The buddha-l mail server is set to eliminate messages over 10K. That is
a very generous allowance. Even Lusthaus's long-winded disquisitions fit
within it. But if the message to which one is replying is not trimmed
out, or if HTML code is included, even a short message can easily exceed
the limit.

--
Richard Hayes