[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 9 10:28:06 MDT 2005

On Oct 9, 2005, at 9:11 AM, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

> On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 07:06 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:
>
>> I agree that the female point-of-view is nearly completely absent on
>> buddha-l.
>
> Yes, but so is the male point of view. The fact is that points of view
> are points of view and that there is no such thing as male and female
> points of view.

Now Richard! I humbly disagree. With my extensive experience with women
(some of it relatively successful in the sense that I really think I
learned something from them -- particularly my wife and daughter) I am
convinced that women experience, see, and think about the world
differently from the ways men do, and that men can actually benefit by
paying attention to it.

I don't like to say things like "that's the silliest of all the silly
things you have said on buddha-l" so I won't.

Stay dry.