[Buddha-l] Gender on Buddha-l

Peter D. Junger junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu
Sun Oct 9 11:07:37 MDT 2005

"jkirk" writes:

:  The fact is that points of view
: > are points of view and that there is no such thing as male and female
: > points of view.
: >
: >
: > --
: > Richard Hayes
: ===============
: Sorry but that's wrong----if you hold to that view, then you have no concept
: of culture whatsoever, thanks to an apparent decision to disregard some very
: huge social realities.
: Joanna

I tend to agree with Richard.  There are differing points of view between
the tall and the short and between those who look up and those who
look down (as a matter of relative truth) but I fail to see how
there can be different male and female points of view, unless they
fall within the tall/short dichotomy.

Of course, as a matter of ultimate truth all points of view are empty
and in the blue sky there is no east or west.

As to whether Richard has, or wants, a concept of culture I will
leave to him to repond.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: junger at samsara.law.cwru.edu    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu