[Buddha-l] Re: Diversions, distractions and off-topic discussions

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sun Oct 9 15:27:30 MDT 2005

In message <515280680.20051009040457 at kungzhi.org>, Benito Carral
<bcarral at kungzhi.org> writes

>   I  don't  know  if you assume that I don't know what
>the  Old Guy said, that's up to you, but I would no say
>that "we are ruling him out" just "updating his tought"
>so it can be useful for us here and now.

What we forget, we don't know - until reminded. That is one advantage of
spending time with other practitioners. I find that the occasional quote
from the Buddha is a welcome reminder for the wandering mind. In fact, I
think that a few more short quotes (as part of ongoing threads) would be
enormously beneficial.  Many off-topic posts would not even arise in the
mind, let alone get posted.

--
Metta
Mike Austin