[Buddha-l] An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

curt curt at cola.iges.org
Mon Oct 10 12:45:21 MDT 2005

I have the type of personality that refuses to take personality tests. A
friend who is a retired psychiatrist told me I have "oppositional
defiant disorder" - one of the symptoms of which is that when someone
tells you you've got it you take it as a compliment (which I did). She
insisted that it isn't really a good thing - which I steadfastly refused
to believe. She said that was a symptom, too.

All personality tests are direct descendants of Medieval (and older)
theories of personality types that were based on natal astrology,
"physiognomy" and "humors". They work about as well - if that.

- Curt