[Buddha-l] Teaching Zen Buddhist philosophy

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Oct 11 15:05:52 MDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 16:33 +0000, bclough wrote:

> wonder if you might also consider using a few works by Asian Zen
> masters endeavoring to present Zen to a Western audience.

Yes, that is certainly under consideration. Shunryu Suzuki's ZMBM is one
of my favorite books to recommend to people, and I never tire of
rereading it. I hadn't thought of Shibayama's book, although I quite
like it and have used it before. Ven Sheng Yen is another of my favorite
writers and speakers, but I have not yet had a chance to read Hoofprint
of the Ox.

Thanks for your suggestions.

> I'm sure others would have other good suggestions in this vein.

Rest assured that none of these suggestions have been made in vain.

--
Richard Hayes