[Buddha-l] Re: Teaching Zen Buddhist philosophy

Benito Carral bcarral at kungzhi.org
Tue Oct 11 17:23:09 MDT 2005

On Tuesday, October 11, 2005, Richard P. Hayes wrote:

>> I'm sure others would have other good suggestions in
>> this vein.

> Rest assured that none of these suggestions have been
> made in vain.

   I  would  like  to  add a further commentary on your
course.  This year I also experimented with my students
and  let them read Ven. Xu-yun's autobiography, so they
could  see  Chan  (Zen) philosophy in action. It worked
very  well  and raised many interesting questions. So I
would  suggest  to  include  one  autobiography in your
reading list.

   Best wishes,

   Beni