[Buddha-l] Conze Memoirs Update

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 18:26:42 MDT 2005

Alex Naughton wrote:

Any ideas as to when this third volume is scheduled to appear or if it in
fact really exists at all other than as Conze's own projection?
------
Yes, it does exist -- well, it did when I saw at in the mid-1980s at the
home of Conze's widow.  I had a quick read through it but can't remember too
many details, although my impression was that it would have upset quite a
few people with Conze's observations on a number of leading Buddhist
teachers in the West at that time. I have no idea where it is now -- if it
has not been destroyed, which would be a pity

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge