[Buddha-l] Re: An experiment (Gender on Buddha-l)

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Oct 12 10:47:04 MDT 2005

 This is not what I
> thought you were doing. However some feminist critiques come across like
> this
> and often enough provoke defensive responses that take us nowhere.  There
> are
> plenty of women out there who would be/are as oppressive or 'deaf' as many
> men
> can be, surely?
>
> Andrew Skilton
>
> Cardiff
Yes indeed Andrew, quite so.
But this list is not run by women or "a" woman, and there are few women left
on it as well. Thus, the aspect of gender behavior you refer to is not
relevant to my crit of this list's general tone nor to my call for civility
as a more productive and peaceful Style.
I was not addressing feminism per se, so why drag it in now? Unless you are
fixin' to change the thread. Right?
Joanna