[Buddha-l] Immoderaate nonmoderation

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Wed Oct 12 16:36:47 MDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 16:02 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:

> Which, by the way, is exactly what Joanna did in her original posting
> on the subject. She did not blame some unfair moderator for the
> situation she described. She said the list was strongly male oriented
> and male dominated -- which it is.

Yes, and that is a state of affairs that many of us do not see as a
problem. Those who do see it as a problem can change it easily enough.
No one is stopping anyone from posting.

>  And she felt she would like to have people pay attention to her
> postings more, and to respond to them.

People have explained why they do not.

> And her postings, while apparently not everyone's cup of tea, are highly
> valued by many of us, and, in fact, raise the kinds of subjects she
> would like to see discussed, and are written in a way that she would
> like to see more postings written.

Amen to that, Brother James. While I admit that I do not read a lot of
them beyond the first two or three sentences, I always appreciate the
fact that they have been posted. And I have noted that in September,
just about everything she sent in promoted a discussion. Some of the
longest threads in August and September were initiated by her. So it
looks as though pretty much everyone appreciates what she does.

> So she is doing her part to effect the kind of changes she would like to see.

Amen again, Brother James. Now if others would follow her fine example,
we'd be that much closer to heaven.

Brother Richard