[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Joy Vriens joy.vriens at nerim.net
Thu Oct 13 06:21:06 MDT 2005

Tom Troughton wrote:

> If I understand you both well, you would let loved ones suffer rather
> than damage your own purity. Is this typical of Buddhist moral
> thinking?

I am seriously considering giving up my loved ones. As soon as I admit
loving someone, an anti-pacifist pops up and wants to me to go to the
other end of the earth and throw atom bombs or cluster bombs on people
that need my love too. Besides my loved ones have let me know they are
are getting fed up with having to pop up and being used as a potential
target for aggressors every time I have a discussion with an
anti-pacifist.

Joy