[Buddha-l] Speaking of tests...

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Thu Oct 13 06:02:42 MDT 2005

In message <01d501c5cfd8$807d2d60$8fd5869f at m4k8m7>, Alex Wilding
<alex at chagchen.org> writes

>I also note that I am still naive enough to have even entertained the idea
>that a multiple choice quizette on spirituality would rise above the level
>of the daily newspaper horoscope.

Hehe! I am still wavering, but may yet have a go as boredom creeps up on
me in front of my computer.  So, when nobody else's naivety is around to
entertain us, we have to make do with our own.

I agree about the inadequacy of the questions on questionnaires. This is
a general problem - that of trying to measure one 'thing' with a smaller
'thing'. I see something similar happening in myself and others when the
Dharma is being studied. The small mind should expand to accommodate the
'object', but often a limited representation of the 'object' is produced
to fit the small mind, and nothing new is understood.

--
Metta
Mike Austin