[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Oct 13 17:00:22 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 00:10 +0200, Benito Carral wrote:

>    I'm  not afraid of death. That's not my problem. I'm
> afraid  of  having to live according to the values that
> others try to force me to live by. I will not allow it.

My guess is that you probably do allow it in more ways than you are
willing to admit. Are you allowing yourself to live in a globalized
economy in which your every choice is dictated by the interests of
international corporations and by the paranoid fantasies of an American
administration that has lost all touch with reality? Or are you, like
some of the rest of us, just helplessly enduring it?

--
Richard Hayes