[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sun Oct 16 19:11:50 MDT 2005

In message <000b01c5d2ae$9de992c0$6900a8c0 at vic.bigpond.net.au>, Kate
<marshallarts at bigpond.com> writes

>This brings up another question - do animals attract karma-vipaka?  If a
>human can be reborn as an animal, wouldn't s/he have to accumulate enough
>'positive' karma-vipaka to be able to leave that realm?

I guess they must do - due to their low realm. I mean, if you had a gang
of humans chewing away at your floor beams, would you risk having a bash
at them?

 From what I understand,  it is not the seeds of karma that one has for a
rebirth in another realm that takes one out of this realm. The karma one
has accumulated for this realm has to be expended in order to leave this
realm. Only then do other karmas kick in.

--
Metta
Mike Austin