[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist pacifism

Stephen Hodge s.hodge at padmacholing.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 20:25:37 MDT 2005

Mike Austin wrote:

> Ok, I will book myself in for one.  I have had many discussions on this
> topic. People become dogmatic and try to convert each other.  I explain my
> approach and leave it at that. I am happy when people are vegetarian
> because their intention is good. I don't eat very much meat, but when I
> do, I don't think my actions of body, speech and mind are bad.

A couple of hundred years ago somebody might have written "I have had many
discussions on this topic. People become dogmatic and try to convert each
other.
I explain my approach and leave it at that. I am happy when people free
their slaves
because their intention is good. I don't keep very many slaves, but though I
do, I don't think my actions of body, speech and mind are bad."

How did we grow out of that one ?

Best wishes,
Stephen Hodge