[Buddha-l] Re: recommendations for books on Madhyamika

Michael Paris parisjm2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 16:56:44 MDT 2005

Not listen to podcasts? That's the trend nowadays, it seems.

Regardless, TV has its uses, especially if one has a decent satellite
or cable provider. TV Japan / NHK has been a delicious vice (esp.
during Sumo tournaments - my wife is an avid fan)! And The Weather
Channel has live hurricane coverage (those people are crazy).

I don't understand how people can want constant sound. I require
periods of quiet to maintain a shred or two of sanity. Constant chatter
bothers me. In fact, noise is preferable.

At my previous job, the person in the next cubicle would talk for hours
about the latest episode of Survivor. Aack! I put on full-muff
headphones and played music in self-defense.

On the other hand, perhaps I could find Madhyamika MP3s online. That'd
be worth buying an iPodish thing.

Michael