[Buddha-l] The Eight Strict Rules For Buddhist Nuns

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 01:25:15 MDT 2005

Hi,

Any comment on this article?
http://www.buddhistinformation.com/eight_strict_rules_for_buddhist_nuns.htm

Best wishes,
Rahula

Kate <marshallarts at bigpond.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your clarifying posts, Stephen, good stuff.  I know almost nothing about Shotoku-shu, I didn't know they're a mikkyo sect. <

Hi Jeff,

I didn't like to mention this before as I did appreciate your response and find it useful, but contrary to what most Japanese Shingon groups believe, Chinese Chen Yen is alive and well.  It went underground in China for many years but survived quite easily.  Chen Yen was never big on temples, most of its monks being wandering monks, so it escaped prosecution and carried out its teachings without drawing attention to itself.  It now has many temples throughout the world though like all mi chiao (mikkyo) groups keeps a low profile. In the State of California alone there are over 110 separate entities of ChenYen Orders.

Regards
Kate