[Buddha-l] Shingon sutras

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Fri Oct 21 18:55:24 MDT 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 3:26 AM, Richard P. Hayes wrote:
> I am so thoroughly fed up with the publishing industry that I am
> seriously considering publishing everything else I write from now on on
> the Internet so that people can get it for free (which is about the
> right price for the quality of the work I do anyway).

That would be seriously detrimental to your academic performance
evaluation. Only through peer-reviewed publications in recognized
journals (which are helluva expensive to subscribe to), conferences
(which are helluva expensive to attend) or in nicely printed books
(which are helluva expensive to buy) can it be considered of any academic
standing (as well as determining your next pay increment and/or
administrative, i.e. power, position in your university). Anything free is
plain unworthy - just ask Microsoft.

W.F. Wong