[Buddha-l] Re: On being arthropodic

Richard P. Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Fri Oct 21 21:41:10 MDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 14:01 -0600, Jim Peavler wrote:

> > Say, Joy, do you remember our old friend Kevin, the Genius?
>
> Alas, I remember. Wasn't he from Australia or some horrid place?

His autobiography, replete with accounts of his enlightenment, says he
was born in Guernsey, or one of those places named after a kind of cow.
After a childhood (or at least as much of a childhood as an enlightened
being can have before getting down to the serious business of saving the
world by proving to them that women are almost another species, and one
of decidedly inferior intelligence at that), he moved to Australia. He
and David Quinn have a radio program there, enlightening Aussies and
assuring them that women are slightly less intelligent, and much less
useful, than sheep.

I think you may owe the antipodes an apology, Br'er James. Kevin and
David are not entirely the southern hemisphere's fault.

--
Br'er Richard