[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Jim Peavler jpeavler at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 22 16:27:10 MDT 2005

On Oct 22, 2005, at 3:50 PM, Mike Austin wrote:

> In message <1130002461.7608.14.camel at localhost.localdomain>, Richard
> P. Hayes <rhayes at unm.edu> writes
>
>> The
>> reference to Madhyamika thought was a reminder that even at the
>> conventional level, everything is interconnected and that one ignores
>> that at one's peril.
>
> OK - but as I referred to that myself earlier, I do not need
> reminding. It has been part of my argument all along.

Well, heck. I completely misunderstood. I thought you said that if you
bought meat that you had not asked someone to kill for you, then you
couldn't be responsible for the bad karma generated.

Why not quit worrying about karma and worry about living properly.
Charity given in hopes of a return in not charity. Virtue pursued out
of fear of bad karma is not virtue.