[Buddha-l] Re: on eating meat

Mike Austin mike at lamrim.org.uk
Sun Oct 23 16:15:04 MDT 2005

In message <20051023200713.96721.qmail at web32607.mail.mud.yahoo.com>,
Michael Paris <parisjm2004 at yahoo.com> writes

>I believe Mike Austin gave an example of karma resulting purely from
>intention, even though the planned action did not take place.

This is what I have heard.  However, as I said at the time, I am unclear
as to 'complete' karma occasioned through the door of mind.  There is an
explanation of 'complete' karma of body and speech,  but I do not follow
explanations I have been given of  'complete' karma of mind.  Also, I am
unclear about status of 'incomplete' karma. I hear there is some sort of
'stain' or 'imprint' left on the mindstream by this. Either it ripens or
it is inert, as far as I can see. I don't know what such an imprint is.

--
Metta
Mike Austin