[Buddha-l] What's wrong with a little Dharma?

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Fri Sep 2 08:03:29 MDT 2005

Are you talking about 'yanks" and "Brits" just to avoid to talk about the
insulting (to all human beings) situation in New Orleans? (I mean not people
taking things from stores but people left there like this......) Humans are
suppose to be an "intelligent species" because they can say to themselves:
What if........, and take actions in consecuence........

Catalina
==============================
I and probably many of us on this list have been writing about the disaster
in New Orleans and the neighboring states on our political email discussion
lists, sending money to the Red Cross and other disaster outfits, and
writing to our politicians (may they not rest in peace) for allowing this to
happen.
I have not been able to think of anything to write on this Buddha-L list
that would amount to a hill of beans....this is not the time for cliches
about dana and karma. I will just say that I hope that G.W. Bush and his
co-conspirators reap the karma of what they have allowed to happen, by
defaulting everything in men and supplies to their illegal Iraq war. But
what can we do in a country that has allowed the election to the presidency
of an insane man and his demonic if not insane cohorts?
I am grateful that some EU countries have already offered various disaster
aids to us, now a third world country thanks to the combined efforts of a
greedy, sadistic, racist, global capitalist renegade leadership.
Joanna