[Buddha-l] Re: Panchen Lama

Ngawang Dorje rahula_80 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 17 04:45:58 MDT 2006

Hi,

  Well, I think you answer my question.

  I was curious. AFAIK, Communist do not believe in rebirth. Yet, they are saying that the boy is the rebirth of the previous Panchen Lama. Now, they must believe and not only that, they must have the know-how to locate the incarnations of lama. those Communist leader must be of a very highly reralized spiritual beings to do so.

  Best wishes,
  Rahula

jkirk <jkirk at spro.net> wrote:
          Please explain why this question interests you---what is its point?

  You must know that there are millions of communists and ex-communists in China today--which ones do you refer to? Government functionaries? ordinary people in Chengdu, for example?
  Or are you trying to figure out why they picked a different (their own selection) Panchen Lama and why they are promoting him? If that is your concern, I can assure you that the official promotion of this Panchen Lama is purely political and does not necessarily signify that they "believe" in rebirth.
  Best wishes,
  Joanna