[Buddha-l] Bertrand Russell

Barnaby Thieme bathieme at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 12 01:40:59 MDT 2006

Apologies for my inaccurate reference to Why I am Not Christian.

Amazon has a search feature for many of their books - I searched for the
quote in "History of Western Philosophy" to no avail - it does not come from
that book either.

I share Richard's suspicion that this quote does not come from Russell, and
it is an artifact of the internet. When I search for the quote on Google I
get several listings, but none of them give a citation. I used the book
search feature on both Amazon and Google and looked through many of
Russell's books, but to no avail. I suspect, like Baudrillard's simulation,
this quote has no true origin, but is a copy of a copy of a copy.

re: Russel, his "History of Western Philosophy" is amusing, but notoriously
unreliable. The philosophers he does not like are depicted in grotesque
charicature.

Barnaby~

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing
- Emo Philips