[Buddha-l] Bertrand Russell

Barnaby Thieme bathieme at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 13 22:25:09 MDT 2006

>There is, of course, a very long tradition in both Europe and Asia
>of refuting gross caricature's of one's opponents.

There is no denying this, and indeed, some of my favorite polemical material
comes from the dge-lugs-pa school. 'jam-dbyangs-bzhad-pa, for example, once
referred to the sa-skya scholar stag-tshangs-lo-tsa-ba as "under possession
of the madness that causes one to mouth nonsense".

Barnaby~

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing
- Emo Philips