[Buddha-l] Professor Antonino Forte (1940-2006)

Albert A. Dalia shan7 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 13 22:52:53 MDT 2006

I might have missed mention of Professor Forte's passing on Buddha-L,
but found this posted on H-Asia. I was privileged to know Professor
Forte, and if this is the first news of this on Buddha-L, I'm sorry to
be the bearer of this sad news. Nothing else has yet to appear on H-Asia.

Sincerely,

Albert A. Dalia

H-ASIA
July 25, 2006

Professor Antonino Forte (1940-2006)
Ed. note:  It is with sadness that we report the passing of the eminent
Italian scholar, Antonion Forte, known for his contributions on the
history of Buddhism in T'ang China and other scholarly and editorial
contributions.  We hope that a more complete obituary, as promised in
this post, will appear later.                                   FFC