[Buddha-l] Hayes on Duerlinger on Vasubandu (from our "small world" department)

"Kåre A. Lie" alberlie at online.no
Mon Aug 14 12:24:22 MDT 2006

At 10:10 14.08.2006 -0600, you wrote:
>On Monday 14 August 2006 08:44, curt wrote:
>
> > Then I went hunting to find out more about this Duerlinger
> > fellow and I discovered that he is primarily known for his work on
> > Indian philosophy, and has a book on Vasubandhu ("Indian Buddhist
> > Theories of Person").

It might perhaps also be of interest to some to know that Vasubandhu's
"Madhyantavibhaga" (karika and bhashya) now is available in a Norwegian
translation: Kåre A. Lie and Svein Myreng: "Tanke og virkelighet.
Buddhistisk filosofi og praksis i lys av Vasubandhus Madhyantavibhaga",
Oslo 2006. In this book I have translated the text from the Sanskrit, and
Svein and I in cooperation have written an introduction and we have
interspersed the verses with our own discussions and commentaries to them -
or rather sub-commentaries, since the verses already are commented in the
bhashya.

Yours,

Kåre A. Lie
http://www.lienet.no