[Buddha-l] Re: Good-bye

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Tue Aug 15 07:32:15 MDT 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:36:12 +0200
  Benito Carral <bcarral at kungzhi.org> wrote:

>   Thank  you, but I'm not a "señorito" in any way. I'm
> just  someone  interested  in  talk about Buddhism in a
> civilized  way.  It's  just that I don't have to suffer
> Richard's (and his "friends'") speech.

Let's begin constructively. Why don't you say what exactly
it was that you found offensive or in violation of speech
precepts. It is possible that we disagree about some
matters, but my disagreements with others are invariably
cordial and in the spirit of friendship, even if they are
sometimes ironic in tone. (The Buddha had a fondness for
irony, too. This is the only way in which I resemble him,
but it's a start.) In short, there is no reason why we two
seasoned veterans of Buddhist practice cannot amicably
discuss points on which they disagree.

Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy
University of New Mexico