Off Topic Postings (Re: [Buddha-l] Evolution and the American public)

jkirk jkirk at spro.net
Wed Aug 16 09:23:29 MDT 2006

> :
> : Some "entertaining" anti-creationism stuff :
> : http://www.moonpointer.com/index.php?itemid=803
> :
> ==================
> :
> :
> : Interesting read...
> :
> : http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/313/5788/765
> :
> : "The acceptance of evolution is lower in the United States than in Japan
> : or Europe, largely because of widespread fundamentalism and the
> : politicization of science in the United States."
> :
> : W. F. Wong
>
> Although I find this subject not uninteresting, it does not
> seem to have any direct connection with Buddhism, so I
> suggest that you either connect it up or take this thread
> off-list.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter Junger
> One of the Moderators
============================
Well, if one goes to the article posted by [DPD Web] Shen Shi'an , one finds
it embedded in a Buddhist blog with various postings, homilies, etc. I
haven't actually seen a Buddhist blog before, so found it of interest and
relevance.
As for the article on non-acceptance in the USA of evolution sent by Weng
Fai, I find it useful to be reminded of the delusions about science and the
attempted controls over science being master-minded by Christian
fundamentalists in the USA, ruled today by a non-scientist fundamentalist,
in the land of No Buddha.

Joanna