[Buddha-l] H.H. The Dalai Lama vs Geshe Michael Roach

Barnaby Thieme bathieme at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:54:05 MDT 2006

So the Office of the Dalai Lama wants Geshe Michael Roach to manifest
miraculous powers to certify his alleged claims that he is an eigth-ground
bodhisattva. Is this the scandal? That is so preposterous on so many levels,
it's hard for me to take a side.

Is there more to the story than this website? The specific accusations of
the website are pretty darned weak, in my opinion. The purveyors of the site
are far more concerned with traditional matters of propriety than I am, and
it seems like they have an ax to grind.

The only thing that smacks of a scandal with any weight to me is the consort
practice issue, but in that matter, what can one say other then, let the
buyer beware?

I would note that it is the Office of the Dalai Lama that seems to have a
beef with the Geshe, and not necessarily His Holiness himself.

Barnaby~

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing
- Emo Philips