[Buddha-l] Footwear

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 01:51:56 MDT 2006

In think here the reference is that when a monk goes on his almsround
"amongst the houses" he goes barefot and head uncovered.  Secondly, the
reference is specifically to "leather" footwear.

However, some of such rules as they do not have moral implications has been
relaxed by some monks. I have seen exemplary Sinhalese monks wearing
excellent shoes in the cold of Europe.

Piya Tan