[Buddha-l] the existence of God in Buddhism

Wong Weng Fai wongwf at comp.nus.edu.sg
Wed Aug 23 22:00:14 MDT 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006, Ilana Maymind wrote:

> I wonder if anyone could comment on the highlighted?

A lot of the gods in Hinduism can be found in Buddhism. Do they count as
supernatural divinities? Also, Buddhas and Bodhisattvas have supernatural
powers and are beyond our realms. Do these count? I hope the others on
this forum can help me out as it is so important to be defined as a
religion or else everything Buddhist will collapse!!! *NOT!*

Nah... what's in a label... call it what you will - "God", "gods",
"religion", "pooh"...

W.F. Wong