[Buddha-l] Sangha model for running a country? Possible?

Piya Tan dharmafarer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 09:48:39 MDT 2006

There is a vast difference between seniority and heirarchy. Seniority is the
acceptence of the virtuous who those who have arrived before us. Heirarchy
is superimposed by a group more powerful than other for that sake.

Comparison can be odious, esp when it is mistaken for identity. The
opportunity for all to speak for themselves or as representatives is what is
highlighted here not other aspects of Greek democracy (after all we know
that there is slavery in ancient Greec which gave their master time to
debate and muse around).

Piya