[Buddha-l] Re: Pudgalavada

Dan Lusthaus vasubandhu at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 5 00:51:53 MST 2006

Re: [Buddha-l] Re: PudgalavadaLance,

Thanks for a peek at the unpublished DA. Very interesting.

  So the Sanskrit gives a slightly different perspective.

Indeed.

  By the way, Dan, what font are you using ? Somertimes your diacritics come through and sometimes they don't.

I wonder if it's a PC (me) vs Mac (you) problem, or something with unicode incompatibilities.

I sometimes use Arial Unicode MS (Micro$oft's unicode font that includes diacriticals, East Asian characters, etc.), sometimes just a regular font, like Arial, and sometimes Times Ext Roman.

Which of these works on your end:

1. oḷāriko attapaṭilābho (Ariel Unicode MS)

2.oḷāriko attapaṭilābho (Times Ext Roman)

3. oḷāriko attapaṭilābho (Ariel)

I'll try to stick with what works for you in the future. If others are having similar problems, let me know, and maybe we can find some encoding format that works for everybody.

One thing you can try if things look like gibberish is to set your email program to View that message as utf-8. That might solve things.

Dan Lusthaus