[Buddha-l] Re: Buddhist family life

Benito Carral bcarral at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 08:09:45 MST 2006

On Monday, December 11, 2006, Erik Hoogcarspel wrote:

> The  Western modern discourse has been indivdualistic
> since  Descartes,  no  need  to  blame  Marx or Saint
> Simon.

   Well, Descartes didn't destroy the Western family.

   Mainstream  Western  discourse seems hijacked by the
Frankfurt   School's   offsprings,  and  one  of  their
declared   marxist  goals  is  to  destroy  family  and
long-term  meaningful relationships between individuals
because   of  their  supposed  "oppressive"  nature  (I
suppose  that  hedonist  egos tend to feel oppressed by
commitment  and  so they are in conflict--it seems that
marxists  decided  that  it's  easier  and  funnier  to
destroy  commitments than the hedonist ego). So, as far
as  I'm  concerned,  marxism is a cancer that should be
transformed (reeducated) if possible.

   BTW,  it is not coincidence that Erich Fromm wrote a
book  about  Buddhism  and  marxist psychoanalysis, and
these  days  I'm  exploring  such  a  link  in order to
explain   why  marxist-oriented  Westerners,  wich  are
majority,      feel     attracted     by     postmodern
reinterpretations  of  traditional  Buddhism (it indeed
seems quite easy to explain).

   Best wishes,

--
   Benito Carral