[Buddha-l] Political views of Buddhists

Richard Hayes rhayes at unm.edu
Thu Dec 14 20:30:31 MST 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 17:56, Jackhat1 at aol.com wrote:

> The results might tell us more about the political views of academics than
> the political views of Buddhists.

In the United States the vast majority of Buddhists are highly educated, and
many are academics or writers or artists. My guess is that Asian Buddhists
would be much less communistic-libertarian than all those who have reported
to buddha-l have been. Hell, I don't even have to guess. I know from my own
experience that Asian Buddhists tend to have social and political views that
make their Western co-religionists cringe.

--
Richard Hayes
Department of Philosophy