[Buddha-l] OT Build your own meditation device

Joy Vriens joy at vrienstrad.com
Fri Dec 15 09:58:13 MST 2006

Google has opened a new searching service to search through patents http://www.google.com/patents. Surprisingly there seem to be some 276 patents for various meditation devices and aids, and this is just for the English language (do a search on meditation). And these are devices for which the designer and builder actually went through the trouble of depositing a patent! Now we know what a lot of meditators think of when meditating. I especially recommend this one:

Abstract
A meditation enhancing apparatus is provided. The apparatus is a head covering which is made of a highly conductive metal such as copper. The head covering or helmet has several ports which are adapted to hold crystals, the ports being connected to conduits. The conduits serve to hold the crystals in position directly in front of the user's eyes and temples, as well as to conduct electromagnetic and other energy to the user's brain. The user may select crystals which have been effective in enhancing previous meditation sessions for placement in the device.

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT6205589&id=Cw4FAAAAEBAJ&printsec=abstract&zoom=4&dq=meditation

Joy