[Buddha-l] Linden dollars for Buddha?

Erik Hoogcarspel jehms at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 30 10:37:14 MST 2006

jkirk schreef:
> AAAAargh~~~~~~~~~~`We need to use whatever energy we have left to stop
> the virtualization of everyday life thanks to shopping malls,
> consumerism, and media. And W.
> Don't think I'd enjoy Buddha-L as a blog. Scrolling them is too often
> a waste of time. With the list the way it is now, one can block any
> email one wants to, without having to wade through it all to get to
> the interesting stuff, as one has to do with blogs.
> This deal is sort of intriguing in principle. Like for
> conferences? Could save lots of travel bucks. Last one I went to in
> Calif was so costly I decided never again.
> Joanna
Hi Michael,
I can understand why you were so excited the first time, but users tell me that at first they choose a very nice dream avatar and so the buddha-l you would be crowded with Majushri's and Vajradaikini's. But in the long run most people grow tired of their onw phantasies and end up with a sort of virtual clone of their everyday self. So at that stage we would have duplicated samsara and hte second one is even more time consuming than the first one. Think I'll pass!

Erik

www.xs4all.nl/~jehms
weblog http://www.volkskrantblog.nl/pub/blogs/blog.php?uid=2950